Shannon (http://blood-countess.tumblr.com/) has passed away.
I received a phone call from her father a few weeks ago saying that she had passed. She was exceptionally witty, extremely intelligent, hilarious, beautiful, and one of the most interesting people I’ve ever had the pleasure of befriending.
She will be greatly missed.
11:23 pm • 3 September 2014
Anonymous said: I know of someone who is lying to an inmate and using a fake name and I'm not sure what to do about it. Do you have any advice?
Unfortuantely, there are people who do that and they ruin it for everyone. It’s disgusting when someone writes an inmate under false pretenses (whether it’s a man pretending to be a woman or someone lying about who they are just to get the inmate to reply) not only because they are lying, but also because it’s an environment where you have minimal privacy and little to no trust at all to start with. You can message me off anon if you’d like and we can talk.
12:12 am • 26 February 2014 • 35 notes
"He often used to sit cleaning the rifle and when I looked up, he was pointing at me with his finger slowly pulling the catch back. I didn’t know if it was loaded or not but it petrified me, until one day I said `Shoot me and put me out of my misery’. He just laughed.
-Myra Hindey, talking about Ian Brady
7:54 pm • 25 February 2014 • 422 notes
Egyptian-born Omaima Nelson was a former model who endured a difficult life. A victim of female circumcision and no stranger to poverty, she immigrated to the United States in the late 1980’s.
She met her husband, William Nelson, and married him shortly after.
On Thanksgiving weekend in 1991, Nelson allegedly attempted to rape his wife and in self-defense, Omaima claimed she bludgeoned him to death and stabbed him with scissors.
She also dismembered his corpse and cannibalized it, frying his hands in oil and dipping his ribs in barbecue sauce. Her neighbors claimed that they heard her garbage disposal constantly running, as she utilized it to dispose of some of his remains.
Her trial commenced almost a year to the day she was arrested. She was found guilty of second-degree murder and sentenced to 28 years to life. Recently, she has been denied parole.
5:44 pm • 25 February 2014 • 50 notes
“The way out is not through the door, that just leads into an even bigger room with more doors to more rooms. Just don’t want out and you’re free” - Charles Manson
3:44 pm • 24 February 2014 • 385 notes
Cult leader and reverend Jim Jones, as a child was obsessed with religion and death. So much so that he would kill small animals and preside over their funerals.
9:22 pm • 23 February 2014 • 112 notes
Hong Kong’s first known serial killer, Lam Kor-wan, murdered four females in the early 1980’s.
He was a loner who lived with his family, His hobbies included photography and collecting pornography and he would even re-photograph the pictures in the magazines and spend hours going through his collection.
Lam was employed as a taxi driver in Hong Kong and preferred to work the night shift, which is how he came into contact with his victims. He would strangle them with pieces of electrical wire, dismember them while photographing his progress, then dispose of their bodies via his taxi.
In August of 1982, Lam took his film to be developed and during the process the technician noticed a photograph of a severed female breast. He notified the authorities, who then searched Lam’s home, only to find more pictures…in addition to body parts.
The press dubbed him “The Jars Murderer” due to the fact that he kept his victims severed body parts in jars- primarily the sex organs, which included the severed female breast in the photograph. Authorities also found a videotape of Lam performing necrophilia with his last victim.
He was sentenced to death in 1983. It was later commuted to life in prison.
11:53 am • 22 February 2014 • 18 notes
The many faces of Ted Bundy
Authorities often commented on Ted’s uncanny ability to look like a completely different person with the smallest tweak to his appearance; wearing a mustache, combing his hair differently, gaining or losing a few pounds, wearing different clothes, or shaving.
Bundy relied up this when being identified by a witness (C. L. Anderson) who saw him near Kimberly Leach’s school around the time of her abduction. During his appeals he cited Neil v. Biggers, in which the likelihood of misidentification is evaluated as well as the reliability of the witness.
9:51 am • 22 February 2014 • 189 notes
Victims and Victimization
In profiling an offender, classification techniques involve the identification of the offence conditions that include, but are not limited to, such key features as victim choice, victim acquisition, attack techniques, and crime scene activities. The key features of offending behaviour and victim selection based on the preceding victims list and offering behaviour associated with Ted Bundy included:
- Gender: all victims were white females
- Age range of victims: 12-25
- Victim education: some college or college graduates
- Victim characteristics: college female students, few engaged in high-risk lifestyles (the only high-risk behaviours identified was hitchhiking as transportation by two victims)
- Victim alcohol and drug use: some victims were reported (by their survivors) as consuming drugs or alcohol at various times in their lives, but no reports of excessive drinking or drug abuse
- Acquaintanceship: Bundy was a stranger to all of his victims. Or those women who dated, lived with, or married Bundy, none ever came to any harm.
- Ruse: feigned injury, cast on arm, pretended to be a police officer, and crutches
- Attack: stalked or hunted, blitz by bludgeoning, and handcuffing victims
- Planning: carried handcuffs, axe, knife, duct tape, gloves, and other tools in vehicle; returned to bodies to continue sexual assaultive behaviour to victims
- Mobility: travelled great distances (Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, and Florida) for victim access and body dumping (multiple crime scenes, points of acquisition, injury, and dumping grounds)
- Victim injuries: bludgeoning, rape, peri- and postmortem sexual assault, removed clothing, bite marks on genitalia, buttocks, slashing wounds to breasts, genitalia, or buttocks, dismemberment, necrophilia; sadistic behaviour including assaulting victims and confining them for periods of time (1-3 days) prior to killing them
- Other: took body parts and items of personal effects from victims
9:22 am • 22 February 2014 • 309 notes